How To Pack Your Dry Bag
The main theme to packing for a wilderness trip is compact, ‘Bring just what you need.’ Meaning don’t over pack on extras such as 3 shirts 2 pants etc…. Dry bags are 12”x 20” top loading and each person gets one bag, so pack your items in a bag close to this size. When we meet you, it’s an easy transfer to our dry bags. The rolled clothing method seems to take up less space. The use of a compressing stuff sack for your sleeping bag saves room also.
Tips on packing:
- Do not bring large cotton flannel sleeping bags. They are giants in the wilderness trip world. We recommend bringing a synthetic bag. They pack easier and are warmer. If this is inconvenient, we have rental sleeping kits available.
- Stuff a pillowcase with clothing rather than bringing an actual pillow.
- Don’t pack a tent. If there is no chance of rain, consider the opportunity to sleep under the stars. It’s what the guides do!
- Double check that you have any prescription meds you might need.
- Whiskey is lighter than beer!! Pack accordingly.
- Ask yourself, “Do I Really Need It?”
- And remember, ‘If you forgot it, you don’t need it’